Instagram is a very popular photo sharing app originally for iPhones only but now available for Android phones as well. Instagram allows you to share photos you take with your phone or have on your phone, edit them with different fun filters and share them with other users. You can also use hashtags to help you find and sort photos. But what you probably didn’t know about Instagram is that it can be used by businesses to help increase brand awareness.
Here are six great ways you can use Instagram for business:
- Highlight your products or services- Take this time to show people what you’re really all about. Post pictures of your products or services. Take time to explain via Instagram what they are or how they are used. Highlighting products is a great way to increase the interest in those products and keep people talking about your brand.
- Share a day in the life of your brand- Can you go behind the scenes and show people what you do all day? Can you give them some insider info on your brand and how the business operates? People love to feel like you are letting them in on something that everyone doesn’t get to see or know about.
- Hold a photo caption contest- This can be a fun, light-hearted way to use Instagram to engage your audience and increase brand awareness. Post a picture and then ask followers to caption it. You might even vote for the best caption and recognize the winner on your blog. This also sends traffic back to your site.
- Introduce employees- Just like the behind the scenes tip, this gives you a chance to introduce your team. The followers will feel more connected with you and your brand when they get to know the real people who are making it all happen.
- Feature a customer/client- Now you can turn the tables and feature THEM! This is a great way to show you appreciate your customers and that you are paying attention. You don’t have to cheat Instagram followers when you are taking steps to keep people engaged.
- Show people using your product- Yet another idea is to showcase people using your product.
So maybe you never thought about using Instagram for business before but now you have a good place to start. With these ideas in mind, you’re ready to begin using Instagram for your business today. Do you have questions about how to use Instagram for business?
Olivia Johnson, a video and social media fan and teacher, is a big advocate for Instagram and can tell you how to get more followers and more interaction to your account. Find out why some people cheat if you click here.